Location: VASLan offices, Hamilton
Are you new to the sector and looking to improve and develop your understanding and knowledge of fundraising?
Delivered by experienced trainers, the Introduction to Fundraising course offers you a practical introduction covering basic principles and best practice. You will also learn how to ensure your fundraising activities are legal and ethical. As a result you should be able to better contribute to your organisation's fundraising effectiveness and understand why your relationship(s) with your donors and supporters is critical to your success.
Who is this course for?
This one day course is for individuals who may have less than six months fundraising experience and want to improve their current understanding.
What are the benefits to you and your organisation?
By attending this course you will gain increased confidence through your improved knowledge and understanding of fundraising. This will help you develop your fundraising practice. You will have a better understanding of the fundamentals of why and how donors and supporters give, and have insights into how you can measure the success of your activities. Crucially you will also find out more about the legal requirements and standards which apply to fundraising and the role and importance of the independent Fundraising Regulator and Code of Practice.
What will you learn?
- Explain the role of fundraising in your organisation and the wider non-profit environment
- Ensure your fundraising is legal and ethical
- Analyse the impact of the wider environment on your fundraising practice
- Understand the fundraising planning process and your role within it
- Compare different sources of funding for your organisation
- Create appropriate supporter communications, designed to develop good relationships
Course Fee: £20
Book your place here.