Provided by LAMH. This is a two day course, also running on the 25th of January 2018, 9am-4pm
The course covers:
- Guidance on being a Mental Health Fist Aider
- Attitudes to mental health issues
- The Recovery Message
- The impact of alcohol and drugs on mental health
- Introduction to suicide intervention
- Listening skills
- Understand depression
- How to offer first aid to someone experiencing depression
- Understanding anxiety
- How to offer first aid to someone experiencing anxiety
- Understanding psychosis
- How to offer first aid to someone experiencing a psychotic episode
The course offers basic general information about mental health problems. The knowledge presented and understanding developed in the course helps to remove stigma and fear and to give confidence in approaching a person in distress.
Those interested in booking should note that you are required to attend both days to complete this training. Free to Members.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a place.