The Viridor Landfill Communities Fund provides capital-only grants of up to £50,000 to not-for-profit, constituted groups and organisations for projects that benefit the community and environment in areas of Scotland.
Projects should address one or more of the following ‘Object’ areas as defined by the Scottish Environment Protection Agency:
- Object A - The reclamation, remediation, restoration or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social or environmental use.
- Object B - Community-based recycling, re-use and waste prevention projects.
- Object C - To provide, maintain or improve a public park or other public amenity.
- Object D - The conservation or promotion of biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat.
- Object E - The maintenance, repair or restoration of a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public.
- Object F - The provision of financial, administration and other similar services to projects.
Applicants must secure 10% funding from a contributing independent third party.
The deadlines for applications are 31 January , 30 April , 31 July and 31 October