Disclosure Scotland are making a temporary change to how applications are processed.
They have been working closely with the Scottish Government and key stakeholders on our response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
In addition to their prioritisation of checks for those who have the most vital roles supporting the country during this time, as of Monday 30 March they will no longer be accepting paper applications.
On Monday (30 March) a new page will go live on their website with all the materials you need to continue to submit applications.
Please note; this process should only be completed by countersignatories.
- you can submit an application via email using the template on our website
- electronic signatures (typewritten or scanned) from the applicant and countersignatory will be accepted
- we will process the application through a priority service
- where possible we will email you a notification of the outcome, prior to receiving the paper certificate in an expedited timeframe
- when this is not possible there will be two other outcomes
- you will not receive any advance notification and will have to wait on the paper certificate which will still be in an expedited timeframe
- you will receive a notification advising that we are unable to prioritise your application at this time and will be unable to give a timescale for completion
If they do not send you a disclosure, either by email or certificate, please do not assume this is because they are late or have made a mistake. A small number of applications need us to be fully operational to process and that is impossible at this time. At this critical time, we are providing a safeguarding service to ensure the vast majority of applicants can get cleared to help with coronavirus.
If you are submitting urgent applications related to coronavirus in the following weeks please contact their dedicated helpline on 0141 302 8511. They will want to plan with you how they go about doing this most efficiently.
As it stands the list of prioritised roles remains:
- Social work
- Social care
- Prisons and justice
As the situation develops and evolves, the list of prioritised sectors may change as Disclosure Scotland identifies other sectors with roles critical to supporting the Scottish Government during this crisis.