Organisation: Kilbryde Hospice
Role Title: Patient Transport Escort
Location: McGuiness Way, Hairmyers, East Kilbride, G75 8GJ
Volunteers are required to assist the Patient Transport Driver to pick up patients from their South Lanarkshire homes and transport them to day services (or other appointments on site) and back again. As a volunteer you will be playing a key role in supporting people with life limited illnesses and limited mobility getting to and from their highly valued day services; therapies and activities within Kilbryde Hospice.
The roles involved are:
- Supporting the Patient Transport Driver in completing the pick-up and return schedule, assisting when required
- Getting patients safely in out and secured within the vehicle
- Provide a friendly and welcoming face to patients throughout their transport journeys
- Provide reassurance to carers/ family members, when appropriate
- Help patients sign in and out of the hospice and participate as part of a team.
If you would like further information on any of the volunteer roles listed, please call us on 01698 300390 or email email@example.com. You can search and apply for all our volunteer positions via www.volunteerscotland.net. Click here to view more on this opportunity.