‘Is my organisation eligible?’ - What to look for
Do we have to be a charity?
Do we have to be a social enterprise?
Are there geographical restrictions ie. must my organisation be based in London; is the funding programme UK-wide; does it cover Scotland?
- Does our income have to be below a certain level?
- Do we have to have a minimum income?
- Do we have to apply for a minimum or maximum percentage of our overall costs?
- Do we support the same types of PEOPLE as the funder eg. children, refugees, disabled, senior citizens, families
- Do we support the same types of WORK / ACTIVITY as the funder eg. education, care, admin, development, research?
- Do we support the same areas of INTEREST as the funder eg. arts, sports, health, heritage, volunteering?
- Does the funder pay for salaries?
- Does the funder pay for core costs?
- What is the maximum amount of grant and is it enough?
- Do we need match funding and if so, what percentage?
- Is the grant period long enough to allow us to do everything?
- When is the closing date for applications?
- Has the funder stated that there is still money available?
If there is an Exclusions List, always read it first