What is Gift Aid?
- Gift aid is a simple method for Charities to be able to increase the value of donations from UK taxpayers.
- You can claim back 25p every time an individual donates £1 to your charity or community amateur sports club (CASC). This is called Gift Aid.
- You must be recognised as a charity or CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club)for tax purposes
- The donor must have paid at least as much in Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in that tax year as you want to claim in Gift Aid and make a Gift Aid declaration that gives you permission to claim it
How do I claim Gift Aid?
- You must maintain a list/database of all individuals who donate with Gift Aid as well as a signed declaration from each individual.
- You make your claim on the HRMC websites portal for Gift Aid Claims (link) or with on paper with a ChR1 form which can be obtained by calling 0300 123 1073
Further information on Gift Aid and how to claim Gift Aid please follow the link to the HRMC website or call HRMC on 0300 123 1073 for advice on Gift Aid for your charity.