Voluntary Organisations depend on volunteers without whom they would not be able to deliver the excellent services available to our communities. A vast amount of voluntary organisations are not part of bigger national charities, you may have developed your organisation from grass roots; seeing a need in your community and taking action.
After establishing your organisation you may be looking to recruit volunteers or need some support and guidance regarding how to create exciting and fulfilling volunteer roles. You may need regular volunteers or a group of people to come together to provide a team effort to help with a one off project or you may want some training to ensure you are treating your volunteers fairly and giving them a positive experience.
VASLan can provide a comprehensive service to promote, support and advise voluntary organisations on volunteering. Our staff can provide a wide range of services and support to voluntary organisations including:
- Volunteering Policies and Procedures
- Guidance and support for voluntary organisations to develop best practice
- Good practice guides and templates
- Assistance to recruit volunteers
- Team Volunteering opportunities
- Support to achieve Volunteer Friendly quality standard award
- Onsite visits to promote the benefits of volunteering (schools, clubs, support agencies etc.)
- Becoming a Saltire Awards Organisation
- Volunteering awards
For more information and guidance on volunteering good practice, policies and procedures and a full set of templates please see the Volunteering Resource Kit.