Are you worried about debts?
Do you need a helping hand to get them sorted?
Hamilton Citizens Advice, in partnership with East Kilbride, Clydesdale and Rutherglen and Cambuslang CABs has launched a Debt Helpline which is open to anyone in South Lanarkshire.
When you are struggling with debts it can be a worrying time. Our Helpline is staffed by trained advisers who are here to listen and offer a range of advice and practical assistance including referral to a specialist money advice caseworker at your local CAB.
With the cost of living increasing, lots of people are worried about their finances. Do not struggle on your own, debt can have a negative impact on your mental health. We are here to help, you are not alone.
We can help in many ways including:
- Dealing with rent, council tax, utility arrears, catalogues and personal loans
- Exploring debt management options e.g. Bankruptcy, Trust deeds, Debt Arrangement Scheme, token payments
- Income maximisation, reducing outgoings and budgeting
- Assistance to obtain credit reports
- Advice on court actions, including summary warrants, charge for payments and decrees
This list not exhaustive and no problem is too small or too complex.
The SL CAB Debt Helpline is open:
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday||9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am to 7.00 pm|
|Saturday||9.00 am to 12.00 pm|
Telephone: 01698 757600